- District at Glance
- Buses run daily between Bahawalpur and other major cities of Pakistan. Pakistan's longest national highway, N-5, also passes through town, connecting Bahawalpur to Karachi and Lahore.
- Daewoo Express bus service and other bus services operate from the city to the entire country. There is a regular bus/hiace service available running from early hours of the morning to late in the night.
Rail Road Network
- Bahawalpur Railway Station is located in Bahawalpur city, Bahawalpur district, Punjab province, Pakistan at the elevation of 385 ft. It is one of the major railway stations of Pakistan Railways on Karachi-Peshawar main line
- The station is staffed and has advance and current reservation offices. Food stalls are also located on its platforms
- In 2016 the Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique announced that PKR. 280 million will be spent on the construction of Bahawalpur Model Railway Station
- The routes are from Bahawalpur linked to Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Quetta, Multan, Faisalabad, Sargodha, Sialkot, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Sukkur, Jhang, Rahim Yar Khan, Nawabshah, Attock, Sibi, Khanewal, Gujrat, Rohri, Jacobabad, and Nowshera